Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Cheers to 2013!!!



It's so hard to believe 2012 is over. I feel like it flew by! I think I'll remember 2012 as the year of travel.  We went all over the world in 2012:
  • January - Best friends cruise! Miami - Key West - Grand Cayman - Jamaica
  • February - skiing in Colorado with our friends Maria and Johnny
  • March - DC for St. Patty's Day and a 1/2 Marathon with our DC favs
  • May - Cancun for Theresa and Tom's wedding, also a mini UI reunion!
  • June - Baltimore for my birthday and Gary was off to Turkey for 2 months
  • July - Northern Cali to see my aunt, uncle, and cousins, with some wine-tasting in Sonoma :)
  • October - oh, where do I begin? Gary was in NC at a conference, we went to Michigan for an Iowa football game and a short family visit, Florida for pre-wedding festivities for Johnny and Maria, Virginia for Evi and Sam's wedding, and Hilton Head for a work conference. Yes, this was as insane as it sounds!
  • November - Thanksgiving in Michigan and Sarah's baby shower
  • December - Christmas in Alabama
We spent New Year's Eve at home this year. Call kind of kicked my butt over the weekend, so after a nice long nap, Gary and I ordered sushi in and drank some bubbly to ring in the new year. Very relaxing and just what I needed!  New Year's Day was full of college football - truly the best time of the year! Can't wait for the Gators to play tomorrow!

A new year always seems like a fresh slate to me. With that in mind, I sat down and wrote out some goals for the year. I  hate to call them "New Year's Resolutions" because I almost feel like I'm doomed to fail with that term. "Goals" seem a bit more attainable.
  1. Make gains on my weight loss - I'm hoping for 20 pounds this year, but I know little weekly/monthly goals are what will help me most
  2. Run a sub-2:15 1/2 marathon
  3. Finish the full marathon in October - I'm not even setting a goal time. I just want to cross the finish line. That's all. Time goals will be set for the 2nd (if there is a 2nd!).
  4. Work less - Yes, that's what I said. I worked the ER last summer and fall A LOT. The experience and money were wonderful, but I feel like I missed out on some fun.
  5. Commit myself to yoga and pilates regularly - I feel SO much better when I do them, both physically and mentally
  6. Improve on calling friends/family regularly and calling back quickly - I'm so bad about letting life get in the way.
  7. Keep up with this blog - since I'm using this as my journal/workout log, this is a must!
  8. Live in the moment - my wonderful husband really showed me how to do this and I need to get back to it. I get a bit carried away with to-do lists and planning. Sometimes you just need to take a breath and look at what's around you.
  9. Eat healthier - More veggies! Not total vegetarian, but definitely improve the intake. Decrease the processed stuff. Pick up more locally grown items. You get the picture.
  10. Explore Boston even more this year - lots of mini goals included in this one
  11. Smile!
  12. Wear all of the cute running shorts I bought that I can't fit into right now - it will be like shopping, just in my closet!
  13. Be excited to wear sleeveless shirts and dresses
  14. Work on my 30 before 30 list - A whole lot of goals to get through that I didn't want to overlap too much on this list. You'll find my list under the "30 Before 30" tab. I have about a year and a half. Some are pretty large undertakings, some not so much, but it will be fun to work on them throughout the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment