Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fresh Start

Sorry for my lack of posting. This week has been difficult, to put it mildly. It's been very trying and I've stayed away to keep most of the negativity off of this blog. Unfortunately, I've strayed from my workouts too, which probably has compounded the problem. But, in an effort to get myself back on track, here I am. Ready to forget last week and move forward.

Today, the NFL division championships are being played. The 49er's are moving on to the Super Bowl. I'm currently watching the Pats and Ravens. Kind of having mixed emotions about who to root for. Gotta root for the hometown team the Pats and Tom Brady, but would love for Ray Lewis of the Ravens to finish out his career with a Super Bowl win. Decisions, decisions.

One thing I did decide was to make some delicious Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites. I came across the recipe while on Pinterest the other day. I love spicy buffalo wings, but definitely do not love all of the calories. I'd like to save my calories for my beverages (i.e. beer) thank you!  The recipe was from the blog skinnytaste. Gina has healthy versions of tons of popular foods. I've made a few things off of her site, so I was excited to try these. They were awesome and simple to make with few ingredients. GW loved them so much, he declined dinner.  I 2/3rd the recipe, since 6 cups of cauliflower seemed a bit much.  In retrospect, I probably would use slightly less flour in the coating too, since we use whole wheat flour and it was a little more dense coating than I would have liked.

Who says bar food can't be healthy?

In between trips to the hospital for work this weekend, I also completed a nice little Pinterest project: Date Night Jar. We usually find fun things to do for our date nights, but we always feel like we are forgetting things we wanted to do or places we wanted to go. So, with some Pinterest inspiration, we created this Date Night Jar:

It was easy: Mason Jar, popsicle sticks, some ribbon and sticky letters. The fun part has been coming up with ideas to put in. I took half the sticks and GW took the other half. That way we both came up with things and it will be a surprise (1/2 the time!) about what we'll be doing.

Hoping to get in a good workout to help my body and mind tomorrow! Happy for a new week and a new start.  Hope those of you who have off tomorrow enjoy! And those of you who don't, I'm very sorry :( 



1 comment:

  1. Cute idea. What have you guys done so far? Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete