Friday, January 4, 2013

Boo for treadmills

Workout today:- Run: 2 miles, treadmill
- Elliptical: 40 minutes



I'll start by saying, I'm not a huge fan of treadmills. There's something like feeling like one of those hamsters on a wheel that just does not do it for me. At least when I'm outside I feel like I might actually get somewhere at some point in time. The treadmill is infinite loop and infinite bore. At my old gym, there were TV's attached so at least I had something to keep me occupied. Unfortunately, BC's gym doesn't have that. I tried reading magazines, but after wanting to vomit from the up-and-downness, I gave up. It's just a woman, her iPod, and her thoughts. That's good enough for about 3 miles for me.  I guess I don't have many more thoughts than can fill 3 miles. Much beyond 4 or 5 miles and I'm just about out of my mind. Thanks to the wonderful Boston winter, I guess I'll have to learn to embrace the treadmill somewhat, and maybe come up with more thoughts.

Aside from the treadmill, the run wasn't too awful. Wasn't too wonderful either.  I can definitely say no land speed records were set today. I can tell my cardio fitness has taken a definite hit.  With that said, I'll focus on the positive and yes, I did it! I'll be following a 12 weeks Half Marathon training guide in prep for Nashville, but for now I'm focusing on short runs, cardio, and getting back into yoga/pilates and starting up the strength training again before the official training begins.

On a fun note, I'm heading to see "Les Miserables" and have dinner at Bistro du Midi downtown tonight with my friend Megan. I've heard great things about both the movie and restaurant. Very excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment