Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hump Day Blues

Workout:
- Rest

Today was one of those days...as in, make it end already. The day started off with everyone forgetting how to drive in the snow. And we only got 3-4 inches. It's not new people, this is Boston! Snow happens! And then there was work...I don't even know where to begin, so I won't. Let's just say it was insanity at its finest and I'm now having a nice, big glass of red wine to forget it.

Since I have nothing nice to say about today, let's recall a delicious meal from the other night.  Balsamic Brussels Sprouts Grilled Cheese. Yes, sounds strange, but is insanely good!  My friend Lianne tried it a few weeks ago from the blog "How Sweet It Is" and was raving, so I decided we had to try it.  It was as good as promised, probably even better.


Doesn't it look amazing?!  My iPhone photography does not do this justice. If only you could taste it! There should be an app for that.  But seriously, this was awesome. We bought the brussels sprouts in a pre-shredded bag at Trader Joe's. So much easier than hand shredding or dirtying up your food processor!  We got a loaf of delicious, local (Concord, MA represent!) whole grain bread at Whole Foods. Sauteing the brussel sprouts first makes them softer, but still leaves enough crunch. We used regular Havarti cheese, but I think a dill havarti would be interesting to try too.  We used the Trader Joe's balsamic glaze to drizzle inside.  This is definitely going into the recipe vault!

Tomorrow I will be more positive. Or at the very least, I will be so tired from my run and the OR, I will be too tired to be cranky :) Happy Hump Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment