Sunday, January 6, 2013

Healthy Pizza!

Workout:
- Rest day

I am happy to report my abs and arms are both a bit sore today. The pilates and racquetball did their job. As crazy as it sounds, I'm looking forward to 6am gym time tomorrow at the Rec!

I try to plan meals one week in advance. That way I have somewhat of an idea of what I or GW will cook on a particular evening, thus, making the burrito place down the street or delivery pizza less enticing. This also helps with trips to the grocery store. While looking for recipe ideas for our meals for this week, I came across the blog, Eating Bird Food. This was the first time I had read this blog, but I'm looking forward to grabbing more recipes and ideas from it!  The recipe that did catch my eye off the bat was Brittany's recipe for Healthy Pizza with a Cauliflower Crust. I saw pizza, I saw healthy, I saw no bread - sold! Seriously genius! It sounded tasty, and appeared relatively easy to make, so I decided to make it for lunch today. It was even better than I had imagined!

 
Mozzarella cheese is what helps to bind the cauliflower together, so you don't even need to add much more cheese as the topping. We added a basic marinara sauce and went with a veggie/Mediterranean theme: spinach, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, mushrooms, broccoli, and a sprinkling of feta. You can top with anything, but as Brittany pointed out, try not to load it down too much. It's a bit more delicate than regular crust.  I think next time I make it, I may try to see how I could firm it up a little more. Definitely will be keeping this recipe as a do-again!

Oh, yes, and lest we forget, it's the American premiere of Season 3 of "Downton Abbey." Yes, I have definitely had this date in my iPhone calendar for the past 3 months. Laugh all you want, but it's that good. Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Love love love the blog!!! So excited for you! Thanks for putting me in your blogs ;) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to try this recipe- I've now seen a bunch of people making it, if it passes your test- then it must be good!

    ReplyDelete