Thursday, January 10, 2013

Take this job and...

I'm back! Sorry for the 3 day hiatus.  I was busy wasting my life here:

This place is work. Please don't get me wrong, I mostly love my job. This week has just been nuts! (Can you tell? That's my lunch on my desk. At 2pm. Not eaten yet. Yea, that kind of day). My "work less" goal is not working out so well. It did not help I was on call last night. Can I just say, taking too many drugs is bad and so is leaving AMA (against medical advice for all you non-healthcare peeps out there).  That is my public service announcement.  I think I'm still hearing my pager go off in my head. *Beep*Beep*Beep*.

Workout:
- Holding leg in OR for 3 hours for total hip replacement surgery
- Treadmill Run - 3.25miles, 6mph pace

Have no fear! I did make it to the gym tonight! I'm slowly becoming better friends with the treadmill. Well, ok, maybe more like acquaintances. But still. Even though I was super tired and super hungry, I clipped those miles off pretty easily and my hamstrings did not feel the need to scream at me. Double score!  I'm also counting 3 hours of surgery as a general strength workout. You don't realize how hard holding retractors AND some one's leg in awkward positions while in a giant space suit for 3 hours can be until you've done it. Trust me. I do it a lot.

Awesome salad discovery yesterday!  It's in my picture up there on my desk. S&S is a deli in Cambridge. (I'm all about eating local and trying to avoid chains, which is definitely not hard to do in Boston). Their corned beef sandwich is the stuff dreams are made of, especially if your dreams were drenched with sauerkraut and Russian dressing. However, because I am desperately trying to be healthy, I opted for the Wild Maine Salad. Mixed greens with grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, candied pecans, a few fresh balls of mozzarella, blueberries, and blueberry vinaigrette on the side. Sweet and crunchy and savory and fresh and...AMAZING. And easily recreated at home. And a bit better if you don't let it sit on your desk for 3 hours :)


No comments:

Post a Comment