Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wardrobe malfunction

Workout:
That's my workout, right there on my wrist! I finally got to use the Garmin ForeRunner watch GW got me for Christmas. Love it so far! Super light and easy to use. It was a good run tonight but my time is definitely not accurate in the amount of time I actually spent running. I spent about 6 minutes dealing with wardrobe malfunctions. Don't worry, no Janet Jackson boob-showing moment, but perhaps it could have been? My UnderArmour cold gear decided to ride up. As in, it turned into a nice little belly shirt/long-sleeve sports bra. Thank God I had a tech tee over top or I would have been showing all of Beacon Street my not-so-well defined abs. Once I got that under control, it wasn't too shabby. The route tonight has some pretty steady, steep inclines, which was a good change from the flat runs around the res and on the treadmill. I also learned tonight that I definitely need to invest in a headlamp. A few of my runner friends suggested this before, but I figured if I'm running on the city sidewalks, I wouldn't need one. Alas, another novice runner mistake (aside from thinking I can run faster than I can)! My route tonight, although on some main roads and through residential areas was poorly lit and covered in leaves. And don't forget those invisible branches that hit me in the face. It was a full out obstacle course!

I tried a new smoothie today: Blueberry Banana Grapefruit Smoothie from "quinoa, kale & exhale." Sounded good and different from most smoothie recipes I see with the addition of the fresh grapefruit juice. I think in theory this would be a wonderful smoothie and Lisa's pictures sure looked pretty. I  really liked the flavors with the grapefruit and blueberry together. 1 cup of kale adds a nice serving of veggies snuck in at the beginning of the day, which I love. However, I made a fatal error; I didn't blend the smoothie long enough and ended up drinking a kale salad on the way to work. Bleck. Lots of bitter from the kale and then a nice sweet finish at the end. Will be trying that again with more blend-age next time!

Lots of great recipes this week; I'll have to catch up over the coming days. I'm dead and the gym is calling at 6am! As is the rumor of an inch or two of snow overnight. Guess the 50 degree weather couldn't last forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment