Monday, January 21, 2013

Off Day, Good Day!

Happy Inauguration Day/MLK Day!  I know our DC friends are enjoying the festivities. What a historical moment to get to see in person.  I've been watching on TV...almost as good...but not really.

Since I technically have the day off today (although I'm 2nd call), I got to sleep in, which in Becky world equates to 9am. I decided to try this French Toast Breakfast Scramble I had seen on the blog Carrots 'n' Cakes.  I wasn't sure about mashed bananas in my eggs, but what the heck. Plus, I always seem to have about 4 of them overripe in my fridge or freezer, so I thought I would put them to good use. After this recipe, I think I have found my new breakfast crack. Seriously. It was so good, healthy (only 330 calories per MyFitnessPal calculations) and full of protein. And it took less than 10 minutes to make, which is perfect for my crazy morning rush to get to work.

French Toast Breakfast Scramble
adapted from Carrots 'N' Cakes
1 banana mashed
1 egg + 2 egg whites
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp organic honey
organic coconut oil

Mash the banana. Add to eggs, spices, and flavoring. Heat coconut oil in pan. Scramble mixture. Top with a smidge less than 1 tbsp SunButter. Have foodgasm. (Yes, I told you it's that good. Sorry the picture doesn't make it look super appetizing. Not the most photogenic food ever).

She also has some with variations with pumpkin, squash, and others. Great way to use up the leftovers from the night before.

Workout:
- Racquetball - 75 minutes
 I cannot express how great it felt to be working out today. My mood was sooooo much better. And 75 minutes of nonstop racquetball with sprinting, swinging, and crashing into walls was just what I needed! Great cardio workout and my butt and arms will be feeling it tomorrow.

Dinner tonight involved another new recipe: Thai Turkey Burgers. Thanks again to How Sweet It Is for another homerun of a meal (she had the Brussel Sprout Grilled Cheese we made a while back)! The burgers incorporated green onions, carrots, and some amazing Thai sauce. I was licking the bowl. Peanuty and sweet. I made a few variations to the sauce: more soy sauce, less sugar, SunButter for peanut butter (purely because we ran out). I also added some cayenne for some kick, before I realized I had Siracha in the fridge. Will have to try next time. The burgers were topped with a slaw of cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and peanuts, and again, THE SAUCE. It was so good we ate all of the slaw and I made a second batch for tomorrow. Thank God it's all veggies, or I would really feel ridiculous.

Yes, I still suck at iPhone food pics. Even with Instagram. Sue me. It still taste phenom. Happy Monday!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment