Thursday, June 13, 2013

Long Day, Short Post

Workout:
~3 mile fun run with Lindsay
~Marathon miles: 9

Sorry folks, this is going to be short and sweet. This may have been one of the longest days ever. I stayed up way too late last night watching the Bruins/Blackhawks Stanley Cup final game. I only made it through the 2nd OT, since I had to get up early today to meet Lindsay for our 6:30am run. It took everything in me to drag my butt out of bed. However, knowing she would be waiting there for me definitely gave me the motivation to physically pull my eyelids open and get moving. Once we got running, I was SO happy we did it. This morning was perfect; cool and sunny. And at that time in the morning, not too busy on the streets of Cambridge. We left from the hospital and chatted all the way to Harvard Square. Normally, I listen to my music and chug along, but it was great having someone to talk to and the miles ticked off relatively easily. We're aiming to make this a weekly ritual, which would be perfect for my short mid-week runs. That, and it starts my day off on such a great note. Even as exhausted as I am from a horrendous clinic day, I still have some positive running cheeriness left at the end so as not to totally hate everyone, ha! Running is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment