Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Run, turtle, run

Workout:
~2 miles, wicked slow

Yes, wicked slow is a speed. I just wanted to get a quick run in tonight to do something since it was so glorious outside! Low 70's and sun, that is my perfect weather. I had a nice little evening jaunt in the neighborhood (I'm on call, so I couldn't stray too far from home tonight). It felt good, but man, am I out of shape! Great starting point for training I suppose. I didn't try to go like a speed demon even though it was a short run since I think the last time I ran was just before I left for Europe. Last month. The beginning of last month. Yes, I realize this is sad. But now, I just need to run 2 miles 13 times and I totally have this marathon done!

I checked the weather for tomorrow, 70's and sunny. 50's and sun in the am for my run! I'm almost excited to get up at 5:30 to run!  I am looking forward to trying out my new running knee-length tights. I have not yet gotten to feeling great about wearing shorts while running (yet another goal on my list), so I'm trying to use capri's, etc. I've not tried the knee-length before, so a whole new wardrobe adventure is on the horizon.  What do you like to wear when you run? Any favorite brands worth mentioning?

It's 10:30 and I've not yet eaten dinner. Should probably cram some of the delicious, fresh produce we bought at the Haymarket Square Farmer's Market on Saturday in my mouth before I head off to bed. I'm thinking green beans and apricots (not together of course!).


No comments:

Post a Comment