Monday, June 3, 2013

Back to life, back to reality

Why hello there! I apparently have gone 1 full month without a single post. I do apologize for that. Part of the reason is I kind of suck at blogging. The bigger and cooler part is that I was in Europe with my hubs for 2-1/2 weeks! A majority of May was spent sightseeing, eating, and drinking our way through Normandy and Paris (France), Zurich (Switzerland), Prague (Czech Republic), and Munich and Berlin (Germany). It was the trip of a lifetime! And now I get to cross off one of my 30 before 30's - go to Europe! A few pics from the trip:

Prague at night from the Charles Bridge
The Eiffel Tower, Paris
Brandenburg Gate, Berlin
Amazingly, I did not gain any weight on my trip. How this occurred while drinking 1.5L of beer a day and eating sausages, chocolates, and more bread than I would ever care to admit to, I haven't the faintest idea. If it was bad for you, I ate it. I drank every day for 19 days. And I enjoyed every freaking minute of it. We also did not workout. At all. We did walk a ton and took several bike tours, although when you stop at a beer garden in the middle, I guess that wipes out your biking calories burned. We just wanted to enjoy ourselves and not worry.

Beer tasting at the Prague Beer Museum
Swiss Truffles and Pralines. Life-changing.
So now we're back...back to life, back to reality. Yes, I hope you have that song stuck in your head now like I do. I definitely have my work cut out for me. This week, I make my triumphant return to the gym and more importantly, I begin marathon training! I'm still tweaking a few things, but I think I'm going mostly by the Hal Higdon training program. And since I'm going to be for reals training, lot's and lot's of blog posting to be happening. I know you are excited. I actually am too.

No comments:

Post a Comment