Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A very veggie Hump Day

Workout:
~Reservoir Run, 3 miles, approx 31 minutes
~Marathon Miles: 6

Back to back runs, whoot! I can't remember the last time that happened. It's been a LONG time to say the very least. I got to run outside today since it was glorious weather, sunny and a little cool (i.e. 65 degrees). I even saw a rainbow at the reservoir! So beautiful. The run felt good. After yesterday, I wasn't sure if my hamstring would be very happy since the treadmill irritated it. But I had no aches or pains, just my usual gasping for breath. I'm beginning to think a) stretching really does help, and b) the treadmill really does not like me.

I have another 3 miler on the schedule for tomorrow morning. I'll be meeting my friend Lindsay at 6:30am for a run around Cambridge/Harvard before work. I'm looking forward to having someone to meet and run with! I'm still not super into running with people yet. I just feel so slow and don't want to slow anyone down and more ridiculously, I don't want to look like a dork. My psyche and I are working on changing this.

After my run, Gary and I made the yummiest dinner - raw pad thai! I was inspired to find a recipe after seeing a picture of Lianne's showing a raw pad thai in a restaurant she went to. I decided it looked delicious and I had to try.  I searched several sites until I found a recipe I liked on the blog "The Sweet Life." We didn't stray much from the actual veggie components, but Gary made several alterations to their sauce.  It was ridiculously good, as in, I could eat this every day good. Glad we doubled the recipe (the one I posted below is for 4 servings)! Looking forward to my leftovers for lunch and hopefully a mandolin for my birthday; 20 minutes of zucchini julienning is too much! :)

Raw Pad Thai
Adapted from The Sweet Life

2 large zucchinis
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
4 green onions, chopped
1 bag bean sprouts
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 1/2 limes
Chopped peanuts, extra cilantro and green onions for garnish

Sauce
4 tbsp SunButter
3 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1 large jalapeno, finely chopped

Julienne or use a mandolin to cut the zucchini into thin noodles. Add to a bowl with shredded carrots, green onions, bean sprouts, cilantro, peppers, and lime juice. Toss to mix and set aside.
Mix ingredients for sauce together. Pour over veggie pad thai to coat.
Plate pad thai. Sprinkle peanuts, cilantro, and green onions for garnish. Eat a lot; it's healthy!

 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment