Friday, February 1, 2013

Deep Thoughts

With the start of a brand new month today, I've decided to take a few minutes to look inward. Ironically, this was a fortune cookie I got a week or two ago and was very fitting for this post:


Leave it to the Chinese fortune cookie makers to make you have deep thoughts. But so it goes.

First, I'm so very thankful for friends, family, and an amazing husband. After last weekend in Stowe with new and old friends and the hubs, and getting to catch up with a lot of dear friends throughout this week, I realize how lucky I am. Even with miles between many of us, I still feel the love and support. It's a great thing and it makes life so much richer.

Now that it's February, it has also allowed me to feel like I'm starting fresh. January did not go quite the way I had planned with regards to my workouts. I realized I've really let me work get in the way of me focusing on myself, and I don't want to continue to let that happen. As I've pointed out in several posts, I also feel so much better about myself and life in general when I am working out regularly. So, with this new month, I will make getting to the gym my main goal. Workouts with no excuses. If that means some of the work doesn't get done, then so be it. Dictations can wait; my life and well-being cannot. I think making some small goals each month will help me to get to my big pictures goals.

To celebrate this new month, GW and I had dinner at Brookline Family Restaurant. It's a wonderful Turkish restaurant in Brookline, a few minutes away from our house. Since Gary is studying Turkish and studied there last summer, he has a good idea of what good Turkish food is, and this is it! I had the musaka:

 
If you haven't had it before, it's a wonderful dish of seasoned ground lamb with eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes. Hearty and delicious!  We have a few Turkish cookbooks and I'm looking forward to trying to make this at home.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment