Monday, February 25, 2013

I can't feel my butt!

Workout:
~ P90-X leg workout, 55 minutes

Yes, I really cannot feel my butt. Thank you P90-X. I forgot what a biznatch of a workout you were, but it was wonderful. My thighs were on fire. I think I did more lunges in that 55 minutes than I have in the last year, which is both great and pathetic at the same time. I'll be taking some ibuprofen before bed tonight so my legs will actually move on my run tomorrow morning.

Deliciousness was had at our house tonight. And the best part was, it took about 25 minutes to make total. Drum roll please...Brussels Sprout Slaw and Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken. Amazing!  The slaw had a great crunch from the hazelnuts, sweetness from the pomegranate, and a slight saltiness from the paramsean/romano/asiago cheese (thanks Trader Joe's!). We altered the dressing a bit; less vinegar and we didn't have hazelnut oil, so we just omitted. And it paired well with the chicken. I found the chicken recipe by googling "chicken thigh recipes"; so high-tech, I know, but SO worth it to find this recipe!  Using the broiler cuts down the cooking time. And now, after 2-1/2 years in our apartment, I have finally realized we have a broiler. Oh how much time and tin foil I have wasted.

 Isn't it so pretty and colorful?

Our Saturday was spent helping our friends Lindsay and Rob move into their new house. Again, lots of leg work going up and down the world's most narrow stairs. Between that and the upper body lifting, I'd say an 8 hour day of moving constitutes a good day of working out. And made the tasty beverages afterward in celebration totally worth it! Sunday was a lazy day with napping and cooking since the snow kept falling. A nice way to end the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment