Thursday, February 21, 2013

No freezing weather gonna keep me down

Workout:
~3 miles, unknown time

Today I ran in this weather:




Check out the "Feels Like" temp!  Truthfully, as awful as it looks, it wasn't too bad. I wore UnderArmour Heat Gear compression shirt with a breathable North Face shirt on top, some running tights, hat, and running gloves. Really, wasn't bad. I know my Florida friends are probably falling out of their chairs right now after that statement. The bad thing was the stuff draining out of my face! Every 2 minutes it was wipe the nose, spit, repeat. I guess it cleared out my sinuses. However, I learned a valuable lesson:  be certain the wind isn't going to shift before you spit.

Ok, enough of the grossness. I will try to refrain from this except in very small doses. Sorry, I'm in healthcare, these things don't phase me. But really, the run felt good. It was nice to be outside and doing it again. And I noticed how much my mood improved and how much happier I was all day at work. Added bonus! I'm beginning to have faith in doing well at the Nashville Half again.

In continuing with the healthy trend, tonight I made blackbean burgers from the blog Eat, Live, Run. So yummy and pretty easy to make, especially if you have a food processor. I don't change the recipe much except an extra jalapeno and extra garlic. (I love garlic. Vampires won't get within a continent of me. One less thing to worry about I suppose). I served the burgers on a bed of mixed greens (instead of a bun), topped with avocado, along with baked sweet potato fries and siracha ketchup. Very filling and veggie-friendly.

And after a nice chat today: shout out to one of my best friends and bloggers for the pep talk after the Marathon Registration Massacre. You are amazing!!! :)

Happy almost-weekend friends!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, why does the nose not cooperate during runs in the cold? Hate that!

    ReplyDelete