Friday, February 22, 2013

Finally Friday!

Workout:
~5k, 33minutes - this was probably another quarter mile longer run, but Garmin couldn't "locate" me for a little while

Another day, another run. Pretty excited about this and excited that I made myself go after I got home from work! That's 3 days in a row. Again, a bit chilly, but not as cold as yesterday. I pretended to be a real runner and wore my Boston Marathon Adidas jacket from volunteering last year. It's actually a great coat to layer on over my compression/heat gear and it's white and reflective so people can see me. Plus, if you didn't know better, you'd have no idea I was in the medical tent and did not actually run the race (unless, of course, you DID run it, and then you would know your coat had different colors from mine, but I digress). I am not above tricking myself into believing I am a great runner with cool accessories to get my butt out the door!

And once I did get out, I had a beautiful sunset run around the frozen reservoir (that is ice Florida friends!):


Hard not to get pumped up for runs with scenery like that!  My time was a bit slow, but I'm still recovering from my wicked cold and really getting used to this running thing again, so I'm ok with that. Plus, parts of the reservoir path weren't totally cleared, so I was running over the snow/ice/mud. Maybe I can consider that cross-training too?

I don't know about the rest of you, but Friday could not come soon enough! This week was just bizarre and threw me off my game. Happy for the weekend, not happy for the next set of snow that is coming our way. Thankfully, no Nemo proportions. Maybe we'll actually get to go skiing Sunday after all (fingers crossed!). But tonight, I am watching "Argo" at home and am enjoying a glass of wine with some lovely blackberries and a square of Intense Dark Chocolate Cabernet Matinee from Ghirardelli. Heaven. Really.

 
Cheers to the weekend!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment