Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chicago 2013!...oh, wait...

Workout
~1 mile run. SLOWLY. With snot dripping down my face.

Sorry for the gross description here, but it was true. I'm also trying to show my commitment to running by posting this. Or something to that effect. I tried really hard, that's what counts right? Planning on 3 snot-dripping miles tomorrow. Get excited.

Yesterday was the first day of Chicago Marathon sign ups. I was so pumped! I was home sick from work (legit sick, crappy upper respiratory grossness) and sitting at my computer at 1pm (12pm CST). As soon as it was open I started clicking away and...denied. "Server error", "Come back later", etc, etc. I tried for about an hour and a half both with the MacBook and iPhone and even the super Apple powers that be could not get me in. I got through once to get all of my info in, but still was stone-walled. I figured I would try again in a few hours. Yea, that didn't work out so well. I found out they shut down registration. Apparently Active.com, the company/server in charge of  registration, had a huge glitch. Ha, ya think?! Now, I know things happen and it's not a conspiracy, but definitely bumming about this, especially after they announced there's only 15,000 spots left. Seriously, 30,000 people miraculously entered during a 4 hour technological nightmare? I'm praying that about 10,000 of those spots are people who were double registered. Whatever the case, I have to wait until tomorrow to find out when we can register. I'm being melodramatic, but I will absolutely DIE if I don't get to run Chicago this year. I have already psyched myself up in my head and convinced myself to run THIS marathon. (And I got the time off from work!). I must, I must!

MUST. RUN. HERE.
(and don't worry, photo courtesy of me)

1 comment:

  1. We will all be there together - NO DOUBTS! (And if you enjoy laughing or angry ranting, check out the marathon's fb page. People are going nuts!!)

    ReplyDelete