Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Workout:
~3 mile run

I'm back! I got to run today and I could actually move! Granted, my breathing was atrocious and I had to stop a few times, but it was good to get out and run. It helped that the hubs was running with me and helped to push me. I tried to keep the bad thoughts out of my head, i.e. you have to do this 4 more times in 4 weeks. It's going to be a bit more trying than I had hoped, but I know I can do it. Plus, there will be lots of support, so I'm super pumped!

Today I did learn the importance of having a playlist. I just got sick of a few songs on Pandora. I happened to have already been stopped when I changed songs/stations. I need a playlist for this half or I think I might spend half my time changing stations when I get tired of stations.

We had a lovely Easter Sunday! I was on call for the weekend, but 2nd call today, thankfully! After my nice mid-day run with the hubs, we made Easter dinner. Our friends Megan and Nick came over for Easter dinner. We had a nice mint and rosemary rubbed lamb roast with cheesy potatoes, Turkish cucumber and tomato salad, and a nice tossed salad with walnuts, tomatoes, and goat cheese. For dessert, I made a key lime pie. This was my first ever and even though I wasn't so sure how it would turn out, it was phenomenal! Very tangy but delicious. In retrospect, I would have had the graham cracker crust go up higher. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing.

Hope you all had a Happy Easter with friends and/or family!

No comments:

Post a Comment