Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Run, run, this is fun...

Workout:
~Run 3 miles

I didn't want to do it. I REALLY didn't want to do it. I did not want to run today. At all. But a little voice inside me said, "you'll feel SOOO much better if you do," so I did. Was it my best run ever? No, not even close. But I must say, it did feel good when I was done. Today was really windy and I spent half of my run running against the wind (cue music here) or with it blowing me sideways. I'm glad I forgot to charge my Garmin, since I'm pretty sure I was nearly running in place. But, as GW always points out, it's not how fast you did it, but that you did.

I learned two things today on my run:
1. When the wind is blowing wicked hard and you are running along a ledge, make sure no one is below you if you intend to spit. While I did not hit anyone, I came close and I know if I were running and gasping for breath, the last thing I would want is someone's saliva landing on my head. Definitely not cool.
2. I need to work on my core strength. I have been a lazy ab kid and I could feel it today. I was focusing on breathing and trying to run upright. When I took pilates, I could tell how much the core strength helped me through my run. Today, I felt like I had a donut around my waste. A big cream filled glazed one. It was not helping me go the distance. This needs to change. I had mentioned a pinterest workout a few posts ago. I tried it. Lame. Need to go back to the drawing board. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment