Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring has Sprung!

Workouts:
~Saturday: 2 mile run, abs
~Sunday: Arms - 4 sets of 10 reps each: Dumbell bicep curls, bar bicep curls, wrist flex/ext curls with bar, pushups (knee ones!), tricep kickbacks, chair dips
~Monday: 3 mile run - 30:38, Legs - squats, lunges, wall sits, calf raises, kickbacks

Monday Weigh-In:
~Down 2 pounds!

First, super excited about the weight loss! Granted, I'm not worrying SO much about the number on the scale, so much as how I feel and my clothing sizes. Nevertheless, I still plan to weigh in every Monday just to see how things are going from that aspect.

Sorry I've been a bit slacking on the posts. This weekend was both eventful but relaxing with some time with the hubs, dinner and brunch with friends, and some spring cleaning at home. I had a great run today! Beautiful sunshine and 60+ degrees. Totally bugged out of work at 2pm so I could get my run in. Sorry job, you'll always be there; this weather may not be! I must have stretched better today, because my hamstring didn't hurt like it did over the weekend. I also think that the beautiful weather just puts a pep in my step. In my case, probably too much of a pep. I ran an 8:45 first mile. Way too fast. Pacing is one of my goals to work on this summer. I have a terrible habit of starting WAY too fast and then dying later in the race.

Thankfully, Spring has arrived! Well, at least for a few days anyway. I love this time of year in Boston. It seems like the whole world runs, especially where we live. There were tons of runners at the reservoir today of all types and abilities. It's so refreshing to see all of the different people running. It makes it seem do-able :) This time of year also means it's almost time for the Boston Marathon! We live right on the route, a little ways past the infamous "Heartbreak Hill", around the 35k marker. With the race coming up on Monday, April 15, over the last week, they have been getting the road prepared with markings. I'm happy to report one of the medical stations is directly across from our house. This is what the road told me anyways. The port-o-potties will also begin being delivered in the next few days. You would be amazed at the sheer number of them! (Don't worry, pics will come). The race definitely lives up to its infamous billing. I volunteered in the medical tent last year and had an amazing experience. The people who run, from the elite and wheelchair racers, down to us more regular folks, are all exceptional people. I had a great time meeting many of them in the tents. Hopefully this year isn't as hot! I'll be spectating this year. Because the race is run on Patriot's Day, we get the day off. Again, oddball New England holiday. But I'll take it. Anyone have any plans for Marathon Monday?

Medical Tent Team #1 - 2012 Boston Marathon



In our continued effort to be healthier, GW and I have bought pill boxes to help us remember to take all of our vitamins. Yes, I feel like an old person saying/doing this, but it's actually been really helpful.  I fill them up on Sunday and we're good to go. And then I can get those giant, Costco-sized pill bottles stored in the cabinet for the rest of the week instead of left out on my already too-small counter. It's really a win-win for everyone involved. And PS, the adult gummy multivitamins are totally the way to go. Even if you take them on an empty stomach, you don't get nauseous.


Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment