Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I'm back! Well, at least the top of me

Workout:
~Arms: 
Bicep curls 15x3
Tricep kick-backs 15x3
Chair dips 15x3
Alternating shoulder press 15x3
Theraband rotator cuff exercises
~MORE back stretches

Ok, I couldn't take it any more today. I HAD to do SOMETHING. I was feeling like a blob. And today was a bummer; I somehow managed to lose my voice at work. Seriously, wtf? I'm sure my husband is happy, but it sure makes dictating notes difficult. So when I got home, I decided I would find something athletic to do that wouldn't kill my back. Thus, I did an arm circuit workout at home. I rearranged/cut some exercises that were more low-back involved so I wouldn't kill myself. And of course, I applied a gob of IcyHot. I think I'm becoming an addict. My arms will definitely be feeling it tomorrow, but that is a feeling I am welcoming with open arms (ha, I guess pun intended). Much happier Becky here now.

The back is feeling better again today, just not nearly 100%. Thanks to all my lovely friends who've checked in on me, you're the best! (And I would have called you back except for that whole voice issue). I am going to try for a run early tomorrow morning to test out how it feels on the ol' spine. With IcyHot, of course. I'm still not sure on the Lidoderm patch. I think I maybe needed a second one for the other side of my back. I just don't want to lose too many days of training for this half marathon. I realize I will not be setting any land speed records, but I'd like to do somewhat well. For me, given some of the setbacks, I'm hoping for about 2:20ish (maybe 2:25)? I will be very happy with something around that. Originally I had a goal of sub-2:15, but I don't think it's going to happen this time around.

With the warmer weather coming (50 here today!), I'm in the mood for some more spring/summer meals. I found a recipe for Shrimp Burgers with Coconut Peach Salsa on the blog How Sweet It Is. I have yet to be disappointed by any of her recipes. This was no exception. Fantastic! GW says "one of the best things you've ever made!!!" That's pretty high praise. The only swap I made was no-fat plain greek yogurt for the sour cream. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I bought sour cream, we always swap. Oh and when she says it makes 6, she means it. I made 4 and they were GINORMOUS!

Excuse the poor photography. I snapped this one before GW started to eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment